Giving Thanks

Hi Friends!  Things have been moving very quickly at the house.
Can you believe the progress we have made?  Check out that entry hall!
 
I really like how the kitchen turned out...
OK, just kidding.  I was reminiscing about my trip to Europe last year...


I can't wait to go back.  It was such a special time with special friends.  I am so thankful that we had the chance to go.  I carry the memories and the inspiration with me always. 
 
So now, I will catch you up. 
 
Above you see the mudroom with a Dutch door. It has now been decided that the mudroom will have the same wood floors that will be in the kitchen and master bedroom.  It will be similar to what is in the original house.

The photos above show the master bathroom before the trim went in.

 

 
A glimpse of Scott's closet under construction and the closet doors ready to be hung.


Here is the ship lap wall where the tub will sit.  The photo on the right is an example of our doors.


Above you can see the master bedroom.  The niche on the left is for our bed and the niche on the right where Scott is standing will house my coffee bar hidden in an antique armoire.  Two contenders are pictured below.  All the interior brick will be painted most likely a soft gray.


Here is another close up of where the bed will go.  Friends came to check out the progress.  They are standing in the screened in porch.  I can't wait to see that room finished.  May be my favorite!
      
Here you can see the reclaimed screen door and a view of the courtyard from the porch.
                                        Here are some exterior shots of the porch.
 

Above are photos of the outdoor shower before rock and paint.
Here are some photos of Scott's office.  Again, all the wood and brick will be painted.  Above the fireplace in the office will be a TV for Fox News only.  Kidding.  Sort of.
 
The hallway is very tempting for running, chasing, and maybe even a scooter... Here's a shot before the floors went in and the walls were redone.
 

A close up of the log cabin.  Still not finished but looking better here.  Speaking of looking better, here's a view of the courtyard.  Outdoor kitchen items are in but not installed in this photo.

                           
                                          Who loves Round Top??? I love Round Top!


We had a bunch of fun and came home with only a few treasures like the pair of French antique shutters.  They will be installed on either side of our built in shelves that will be where the doorway was.  This is in what will be the formal sitting room. 
 
I have had fun shopping for the house.  My mom found this French antique sink at Carol Hicks Bolton in Fredericksburg, TX.  If you haven't been, you should check it out!  This is now the sink for the 1/2 bath.  So... no more blue sink.  I loved this more.  I'm so glad I listened to my mom and checked it out. 
 

 

 
Moving back upstairs, you can see a glimpse of Luke's room. His trim is up and his doors are hung.
 


Ta Da!!!! Look at the hallway now!  Floors are in, walls are pretty. Ship lap is all installed.

 

             I really love how it all has turned out.  Just need to paint the ship lap and hang the bell jars.


 Here you can see the breakfast nook.  The ship lap is going in and the banquette is being designed.

I am so thankful for everyone who is working hard on this project.  Everyone involved seems to appreciate the uniqueness of the home and I am so blessed by how talented they are.

I am also thankful for friends who help me find unique items for the house.  Just like the sink my mom found, you never know where the next treasure will be found...
Here is an antique piece we found in Comfort.  It will be coming home to be my pantry.

I was really there to look at some antique newel posts that will be used in our house.  I found some other treasures too.  A mirror for our master bedroom, a setee and a daybed which will both go in the formal sitting room.
Aren't they cute?

Here's an inspiration for my carpenter... I am looking for something like this to hang on the porch.
 

 
So that is about it... I am now on the hunt for the perfect palette.
 
Oh, and I am going to go select the marble and soapstone slabs next week!!! Yippee! I can't wait for that field trip.
 
Thank you for reading the latest installment.  I am thankful for friends and family who not so gently reminded me to get back on the blog and get an update written for Heaven's sake!
 
Sweet Dreams
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts