Our summer is starting to take shape and so is the house!

 
Summer is here... and the living is easy.  Ha!  That is if you don't have little people who forgot how to entertain themselves without the schedule that school provides.  So let's try again: Summer is here and it's time for fun visits with friends and summer camps, clinics, driving in the car, sun, popsicles, tennis, pools, rose' and
 FRAMING!
 
*Warning! This post contains massive amounts of framing pictures and there will be more to come.*
Standing in kitchen looking at breakfast nook and craft room.
Standing outside kitchen looking in.  Covered porch on left.
Standing in kitchen looking out toward courtyard-
opening for kitchen sink casement windows on right-
Opening for sliding French doors on left.




Standing in kitchen with oven wall behind and looking into living area.
Theta approved! Sweet sisters came in town for a visit.
Looking forward to being able to host them here next time!


Standing by kitchen window looking toward craft room and powder room.


Soon... very soon... we will have our girls weekend right here!


 
Ok, now fast forward a week and here's newer framing pictures and a different part of the house.

Standing in long gallery hall looking toward bedrooms and laundry.


Standing in courtyard looking toward Tucker's room, screened porch and Scott's office (Left).
Pay attention to that tree.  There will be a post coming about those oaks...


Standing in courtyard looking toward kitchen.


Courtyard-  Let's think of a name...The Twin Oaks Courtyard?
Our hall was already long and became even longer to save the tree on the left.


Look at that canopy.  I love my trees.




Covered porch on left and part of the kitchen on right.


There will be a fireplace here and wavy glass windows on either side with window seats under each.


 


Standing in front of the house looking at laundry room and master addition.


Inside the porte-cochere.


Original barn lighting.  There are two of these that I plan to repurpose.
Perhaps laundry room???  I will explain more about our lighting in the future.  Suffice to say that my children are tired of seeing me sitting here at the computer looking at zillions of choices and pictures of lighting, lighting and more lighting!
Bevolo French Quarter Lanterns are probably going to be my outdoor lighting choice to replace the existing barn lighting.  I know barn lighting is trendy!  That's why I'm going to keep them and use them somewhere else:)
Heading to New Orleans next week!  Can't wait to go to Bevolo and see these in person.
You may remember that my Granny, who was from New Orleans, is my inspiration.


Here's a view of the porte-cochere.

Standing in porte-cochere looking at 1/2 bath and craft room.


Standing in porte-cochere looking at what will be a Dutch door.  Something like this.

This has nothing to do with framing but I love this time of year!  Peonies are available at HEB!
Having them on my island makes me so happy.
 Want to know another thing that makes me happy this time of year?

Click here.  You are welcome.
 
So, I hope you all are enjoying your summer. 
 
I will be at the pool, tennis courts, in the car taking someone to some clinic or camp, or
 
at the house, checking on the framing progress because, things change in an instant and BIG decisions have to be made. Oh, that is except next week when I go get more inspiration in New Orleans, the land of my people.
 
IF you get really desperate and feel the need to lock up your children...
Go check out Enchanted Springs Ranch!  Fun for everyone.
 (No children were harmed in the taking of this photo)
 

Comments

Popular Posts