Slipcover Heaven

 
 Hi Friends! 
 
Long time no see!  Settling into the groove of school days.  So settled in fact that I just squeezed in a trip to Round Top Antiques Week.  If I had time for that, I surely have time to blog...
 
 
 
Ever since I first started following my beautiful and extremely talented friend, Holly Mathis, I've dreamed of having the super cute Laura of LS Slipcovers come to my house and help transform some of my tired pieces.   If you are not already following Holly Mathis, please do yourself a favor and click the link below.  I attached one of her photos but go ahead.  I'm not going anywhere, click.  Learn.  Be inspired.  
 
 
 
 
See what I mean??  She does everything so well.  And y'all, she is the REAL DEAL.  She is genuine and true.  She has inspired me and guided me.  Now I get to call her my friend. 
Ok, enough gushing.  She is the one who first turned me on to LS Slipcovers.  I know there are surely people who are local who could sew up a slipcover for me, right?  True.  But, I was just not going to entrust my first major overhaul to just anyone.  After seeing all of the collaborations between Holly and Laura, I started following them on Instagram.  Laura and her people were clearly talented and I wanted to bring the best in to help me transform some tired pieces, some new pieces and one last minute piece...

http://www.lsslipcovers.com/
 
Ok, now go ahead and click on their website.  It's ok, I promise, I totally get it.
 
  First of all, can you even get over how darling she is?  Then you get past that and see the workmanship, attention to detail, and overall design.  Gorgeous.  So you see, I just had to do it.  It took me a while.  I started to talk with them way before I was actually ready.  Then I tried to host a "slipcover party" and share the trip cost with friends. Finally, I just had to move forward and get my jobs done! 
 
I started by sending them iPhone pictures of the pieces I wanted to have done.  We went back and forth on the details and came up with a plan. 
This guy needs a cushion.  I have had it forever.  My mom bought it for me from Hart Gallery in Houston WAY before I was married.  I've always loved it.  I actually have matching chairs in my breakfast room.  This was the "last minute piece."

These little beauties belonged to my grandparents.  When I inherited them they had an old sea foam green silk fabric and they were still stuffed with horse hair.  My mom had them recovered for me back in the days of the "Old World" look.  Circa 2002.  They were darling with my red walls in the library.  No. Really.

Honestly, the dining room chairs were first on my list.  I knew I wanted white linen slipcovers to modernize the dining room furniture I had inherited.  Notice the toile.  That was from my French Country phase. Circa 2006

I have a matching pair of built in window seats.  These were destined for Laura's French Mattress cushions before the carpenter even nailed the first nail. 


The next step was to decide on fabrics.  I used only her in stock fabrics.  It made it easier and they worked with my look so, why not?  You can give her your own fabrics too.
She and her friend came and pin fit the chairs onsite.  For the cushions, she made templates of my pieces.  She actually took two of my dining chairs with her to make those slips. 

 
After she left. we still had to finalize the look for the dining room chairs.  I knew that I wanted gray details and a monogram on the two arm chairs at the head of the table.

 
She came back a month or so later to deliver and fit it all into place.


I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!

 
French mattress cushion in linen.
 
 

White tissue linen slipcovers with custom monogram in gray silk thread.
 

                        



 
 
 
 
 
Hugo approves.
 
White linen slipcover with flax linen band.   These sit in the living room but I wanted them to be neutral enough to "travel" anywhere in the house where I may need more seating.
 
 



 
Gray ticking with a flax linen welt, feather filled cushion.

 
Again, this piece can move around as needed.  It has already been used at a luncheon as extra seating with that drop leaf table you see in the guest bedroom photo.
 
 
 
So there you have it!  My lovely slipcovers.  What do you think?  I love them.  They are everything I ever wanted and more.  In case you are wondering, they really are washable.  One of them has already been washed.  I'll never spill the beans on who forced me to put the washing to the test.  Let's just say that it was a boy.  With four legs.
 
 
Have blessed Fall! This is my absolute favorite time of the year. 
 
XOXO
 
Sarah
 
 


Comments

  1. Do you have the following issues contact Priest Mandaker for the best solution.
    * Is your love falling apart?
    * Do you want your love to grow stronger?
    * Is your partner loosing interest in you?
    Priest Mandaker Alamun can help you perform the following spells
    *  Fast Working Love Spell
    * Make The One I Love, Love Me Back Spell
    * Break Up Spells
    *  Heal My Broken Heart Spells
    *  Binding Love Spells
    * Commitment Love Spells
    *  Marriage Love Spells
    * Friend Become My Lover Spells
    * Powerful Love Binding Spells
    * Can’t Live Without You Love Spells
    *  Kiss & Make Up Love Spell this is designed to reunite lovers
    * Good Luck Attraction Spell
    * Stop Arguments Spell
    * Return Your Ex-Lover now spell
    * Have Him / Her Desire You spell
    * Keep Your Lover Faithful spell
    * Attract Your Soul Mate spell
    * Break Them Up Break Up And Return Your Lover spell
    * Keep Us Together Forever spell
    * Protection And Cleansing spell
    * Make Me Irresistible spell
    * Click this link witch-doctor.page4.me
    * Witchhealing@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts