A Labor of Love


Well, my fabulous blogging app failed me. I do love writing about our project but whoa Nelly.







This is my zillionth attempt to post about my bricks and paint. I won't bore you with too many blogging details but let's just say, blek. Rewriting a blog isn't as much fun as clicking publish and walking away. This post ended up more labor than I particularly love.

Ok, enough of that! So... The brick is going up and summer is winding down. So in other words to quote David Bowie, "ch ch ch changes..." The good, the bad, the pretty!





I have been really curious about what the neighbors are thinking.
Let's just say that there have been comments and questions but they weren't exactly what I expected.
We'll leave it at that...to protect the innocent.




This was how it looked before the paint went up. There's a lot going on here.




This was my last view before I headed out of town. I just wanted to click my heels and wake up in my home. Some days are like that.





So off we went to Santa Fe. A last hurrah before school begins. No, I'm not bringing the Southwestern look into my home. Again. Except for my turquoise jewelry!


It is a wonderful town with a look all it's own.














Ta Da! Came back to paint!






They were impressed with his climbing skills.




More brick.





A closer look showed that the siding didn't exactly match the brick paint. Whoops.






They fixed it and all is right in the world again.





As always, attention to detail and constantly checking on the progress is a must. It's so much easier to fix a problem right when it happens instead of down the road.






Then we had some celebrating to do.






Maybe I need to borrow his magnifying glass for future visits to the house.







Ok- so since I have had to rewrite this blog, you get some extra photos!

My antique beams are in!!










Pretty neat!







We ordered them from Antique Timberworks in Fredericksburg.








Love





Love





So, there you go! Ship lap and dry wall is now going in....

I hope you enjoyed the update. I love hearing from you. Have an awesome long weekend with your people. My people are currently preparing for another special event in our lives. Opening Weekend of Dove Season!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




Comments

Popular Posts